Where no applicable legislation or standards exist, ICR operates in accordance with the standards in this Policy.
ICR provides appropriate resources and actively engages the participation of our workforce, employees, sub-contractors and clients in safeguarding the environment in which our business activities occur.
Specifically, ICR strives to:
- Document roles and responsibilities at all levels of the organisation;
- Provide the resources, training and competence assessments necessary for effective delivery of this Policy;
- Prevent waste and inefficient use of resources wherever possible through the adoption of the recognised hierarchy of prevent, reduce, re-use and recycle;
- Minimise the impact that our transport has on the environment through the identification of more sustainable modes of transport and by reducing the need for travel where feasible;
- Promote energy efficiency throughout our operations;
- Reduce all harmful discharges and emissions to the surrounding environment;
- Procure materials and services within a framework that encourages environmental stability;
- Protect biodiversity through the effective management of our sites and operations within the countries that we operate;
- Engage with subcontract companies who endeavour to promote good environmental practice and management consistent with our approach;
- Identify foreseeable emergencies and their consequences and prepare, test and review emergency response plans;
- Achieve continual improvement through a cycle of audit and review; and
- Periodically review the suitability and effectiveness of this Policy, our management systems,
- objectives and targets.
This Policy statement is applicable to all ICR Companies, Subsidiaries and Branch Operations and is available to all interested parties.Willie Rennie
Chief Executive Officer | ICR
30th October, 2019