The role reports to the Workshop & Stores Manager.
The Workshop Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day supervision of the Aberdeen, H2 Workshop activities. This includes supporting the Workshop & Stores Manager to correctly prepare, plan and execute various work-fronts under strict controls. This will include, but not be limited to, the application of HSEQ controls, full QA/QC of all product and service lines prior to dispatch, working with the Goods-In/Out Procedure to ensure movements of inventory and assets are executed in line with the company processes and procedures. This will also include the allocation of personnel to jobs in the workshop, ensuring the work is carried out within specified time periods.
The main tasks involved in the role are:
- Support the Workshop & Stores Manager to oversee safe working of staff and contractors who are in the workshop, including preparation of any necessary Permit to Work (job card) documents;
- To distribute work to the technicians, ensuring that they are provided with any necessary information required to carry out the work, along with hours to complete / client deadlines;
- Ensure toolbox talks and risk assessments are carried out and signed off;
- Ensure interface between operations teams is maintained and daily, weekly and monthly deliverables are achieved across all product and service lines;
- Responsible for all QA/QC checks on all product and service lines are carried out as per job requirements;
- Assist with the management & development of BMS related processes under supervision;
- Assist with inventory management and ensure all min/max levels are agreed with Workshop & Stores Manager;
- Assist with hose management and organising general workshop tasks;
- Assist with maintenance and continual improvement of company asset registers and trackers;
- Assist with ensuring that the Workshop, Loading Bay, Stores and Technician Areas are adequately maintained, organised and kept in a clean and tidy condition;
- Ensure good, safe working practices in the workshop are maintained at all times with compliance to the Company's HSE policies.
- Provide updates to Workshop & Stores Manager on all activities.
- Maintain records in accordance with internal quality systems, procedures and ISO 9001.
- Comply with the Company Quality and Health and Safety procedures.
The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and controls to ensure efficient use of space and resources throughout area of responsibility to meet agreed schedules;
- Assist with day to day deliverables and ensure client deadlines are met;
- Manage QA/QC of all goods out of the facility and when appropriate arrange and manage 3rd party inspections for goods to be released;
- Ensure all reporting mechanisms are communicated and used across the department;
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to and coach with assistance from Workshop & Stores Manager.
The successful applicant will hold relevant test, repair and manufacturing experience, with thorough knowledge of PTW systems, job-carding and risk assessments. Candidates must have experience with Microsoft, Excel and preferably SAP. Candidates must have the ability to work on their own initiative (with minimal supervision), be driven and goal oriented, well organised and methodical. They must also be professional and in possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for the role please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR Department at HRSupport@icr-world.com
If you have any queries or require further information, please get in contact on the above email address.